South Bend Venues Parks & Arts proudly offers a variety of internships throughout the year for students.
These opportunities are offered by semester and can be set up to help the student earn credit in their major. You will gain valuable experience in an engaging environment.
Below are available internship opportunities. Schedules will vary based on operational needs, but are focused on Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm.
- Communications Intern: Assists the Experience Division Marketing team in writing and editing magazine articles, newsletters, website copy and press releases, as well as maintaining and curating content on our blog.
- Development Student Intern: Assists supporting the Venues Parks & Arts development team in fundraising efforts for the benefit of city parks, community centers and other public spaces or events.
- Events/Marketing Intern Golf: Assists in developing and implementing strategies related to events and rentals at various golf course facilities. Also, creating and implementing promotional and marketing materials as well as utilizing all social media/web platforms.
- Graphic Design Intern: Works closely with Venues Parks & Arts (VPA) marketing team to conceptualize and design print and/or digital marketing materials for the Web, social media and print.
- Graphic Design Intern (Recreation): Works closely with Venues Parks & Arts (VPA) Recreation team to design widely distributed, public-facing print and/or digital marketing collateral for the Web, social media and print.
- Land and Forestry Management Student Intern: Works outdoors and on site in parks to assist City Arborist, City Horticulturalist and other Facility & Grounds team members with day-to-day upkeep and monitoring of city green spaces. Contributes to the preservation and cultivation of native species within city parks.
- Photo & Video Student Intern: Under direction of the Venues Parks & Arts marketing team, the Photo/Video Intern captures in-the-moment and behind-the-scenes photos and video at VPA events, programs and initiatives.
- Social Media & Digital Marketing Student Intern: Assists the Venues Parks and Arts marketing team with social and digital promotion and coverage of park upgrades and re-openings, community center programs and special community events.
- Special Events Intern (Best Week Ever): The BWE intern works closely with the VPA Special Events Coordinator. Assists implementing or organizing the event/s in Venues Parks & Arts.