Ecological Advocacy Committee
The Ecological Advocacy Committee has been formed to serve in advising the Park Board on how to enhance and maintain the ecological health of the environment surrounding and within the City of South Bend, which in turn will enhance the quality of life for residents.
These responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Identifying significant natural resources with the parks system and completing an overarching resource management plan for the parks system
- Identifying the impacts that park development has on the natural environment
- Implementing environmental educational programs
- Improving upon the plant diversity, population, and health within the City of South Bend
- Other related matters as the Park Board deems appropriate
The committee will consist of five to ten citizen members interested in parks and recreation, in general, and in the preservation and well-being of our city's environment.
For more information, look into the complete resolution.
For the meeting announcements and schedules, please check here.