Howard Park Recreation Center
A place where our community's adult population can enjoy the pleasures and camaraderie of their peers. Activities suited for all adult capabilities and interests including parties, guest speakers, crafts, card clubs and health seminars. The center is open to all citizens 55 years and older in the area.
(subject to change)
- Free daily blood pressure checks
- Guest speakers
- Specialty classes
- Scrapbooking/Card Making & Stamping
- Enjoy Good Health wellness series. March 13 - Test your nutrition IQ. March 27 - Aging happily. April 10 - Fruits and Vegetables. April 24 - Healthy sleep. This is a FREE program and meets at 11am please call and register for this series. For more info call Rose at the Center.
- EXERCISE CLASS - Beginner exercise and people with arthritis, put on your tennis shoes and join us for an easy class. This class is at 10am every Monday.
- Receive our monthly newsletter free by email. Just call the center and give us your email address and this will keep you up with all the activities and programs.
- March 14 - Butterfly Day -- talk and craft - 1pm
- March 20 - Breakfast Bingo - 9:30 am
- April 11 - Bat Appreciation Day -- talk and craft
- June 4-10 - Virginia Beach Trip
- September 17 - 23 - Savannah Trip - Sold out
Must register for all above classes and events and are subject fees.
Activities schedule subject to change without notice.
Do you want to have a party and have no room in your home? The Howard Park Recreation Center is available for Anniversary Parties, Wedding and Baby Showers, Group and Business meetings for groups up to 32. The rental rate is $50.00 per hour +7% tax with a 3 hour minimum. Call Rose Kaufman at (574) 235-9428 for information.