Howard Park Recreation Center
A place where our community's adult population can enjoy the pleasures and camaraderie of their peers. Activities suited for all adult capabilities and interests including parties, guest speakers, crafts, card clubs and health seminars. The center is open to all citizens 55 years and older in the area.
(subject to change)
- Free daily blood pressure checks
- Guest speakers
- Specialty classes
- Scrapbooking/Card Making & Stamping
- Enjoy Good Health wellness series. April 10 - Fruits and Vegetables. April 24 - Healthy sleep. This is a FREE program and meets at 11am please call and register for this series. For more info call Rose at the Center.
- EXERCISE CLASS - Beginner exercise and people with arthritis, put on your tennis shoes and join us for an easy class. This class is at 10am every Monday.
- Receive our monthly newsletter free by email. Just call the center and give us your email address and this will keep you up with all the activities and programs.
- May 1 - Fire safety with the South Bend Fire Department. Please register first 18 get Night Lights FREE.
- May 31 - The Best Senior Picnic Ever will be held at Potowatomi Park from 11am - 2pm enjoy lunch and an afternoon of BINGO the even is $4.25 for persons over 60 years and $8.50 under 60. Call the center to sign register for this fun event.
- June 4-10 - Virginia Beach Trip
- September 17 - 23 - Savannah Trip - Sold out
Must register for all above classes and events and are subject fees.
Activities schedule subject to change without notice.
Do you want to have a party and have no room in your home? The Howard Park Recreation Center is available for Anniversary Parties, Wedding and Baby Showers, Group and Business meetings for groups up to 32. The rental rate is $50.00 per hour +7% tax with a 3 hour minimum. Call Rose Kaufman at (574) 235-9428 for information.