U93 and VPA wants you to join us “In the River” as we race down the East Race in South Bend on Saturday August 20th! We’ll be battling for the coveted, beautiful, sought-after…..GOLDEN PADDLE!
Put together a four-person team and get ready for a tournament like no other racing down the East Race benefiting two amazing organizations; Ronald McDonald House Charities Michiana and Venues Parks and Arts Youth Scholarship Fund. This event has a limited number of spots so get your team signed up now. Get ready for a wet and wild time!!
Everything you need to know before heading to the East Race
- Required height for rafting is 54″.
- Children under the age of 16 that meet the 54” requirement need to be accompanied by an adult in the raft.
- Rubber soled shoes with heel strap are required. Flip flops and sharp jewelry/objects are not permitted.
- All equipment is provided.
- It is recommended you bring an extra set of clothes and towels – you will get wet! Note: There are no changing rooms, but a handicap accessible portable restroom is available along with an outdoor rinse shower.
- The East Race runs at a Class 2 rafting and is 1,900 feet. (Class Two: Some rough water, maybe some rocks, small drops, might require maneuvering.)
- PARKING: Parking is available in the East Bank Parking lot as well as street parking along Niles Ave.