South Bend Venues Parks & Arts proudly offers a variety of internships throughout the year for students.
These opportunities are offered by semester and can be set up to help the student earn credit in their major. You will gain valuable experience in an engaging environment.
Below are available internship opportunities. Schedules will vary based on operational needs, but are focused on Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm.
- Development Student Intern -Supports the Venues Parks & Arts development team in fundraising efforts for the benefit of city parks, community centers and other public spaces or events.
Works and observes processes in different facilities and group meetings as applicable.
Maintains professional contact with internal staff, external partners and the public.
- Events/Marketing Intern Golf -Works directly with the golf marketing manager and the director of golf in developing and implementing strategies related to events and rentals at various golf course facilities. This position will also assist in creating and implementing promotional and marketing materials as well as utilizing all social media/web platforms. Personal contact will be with staff, organizations, participants and the general public.
- Special Events Intern (Best Week Ever) – Best Week Ever is a week-long collection of experiences across South Bend celebrating creativity, culture, and progress as a community. It is an invitation to celebrate our city and the things that are important to us. This position works closely with the VPA Special Events Coordinator and assists implementing or organizing the event/s in Venues Parks & Arts.
- Athletics Intern– Assists the Athletic Manager with daily duties and oversight, coordination, and administration of a range of athletic and sports-related Venues Parks & Arts programming including competitive, instructive, and recreational activities for both adults and youth. Help the grow the program, assist with grants and marketing.
- Land & Forestry Management Intern– Works outdoors and on site in parks to assist City Arborist, City Horticulturalist and other Facility & Grounds team members with day-to-day upkeep and monitoring of city green spaces. Contributes to the preservation and cultivation of native species within city parks. Gains hands-on experience and first-hand knowledge of urban forestry management.
- Marketing Intern– Works closely with Venues Parks & Arts marketing team in implementing or organizing marketing for classes, camps, or events in Venues Parks & Arts. Works and observes in different facilities/programs. Personal contact will be with staff, participants, and the general public.
- Social Media & Digital Marketing Intern – Assists the Venues Parks and Arts marketing team with social and digital promotion and coverage of park upgrades and re-openings, community center programs and special community events. Works and observes processes in different facilities and group meetings as applicable. Maintains professional contact with internal staff, external partners and the public.