Rent a facility
Want to host a bridal shower or birthday party at one of your South Bend parks? Maybe it’s a 50th wedding anniversary that calls for one of our large pavilions! Regardless of what you need, one of our over 50 parks and facilities can host it.
Ready to party?
First, figure out what you’d like to rent. There are a multitude of options for you! Some community favorites include:
Charles Black Community Center | Civic Theatre | Erskine Golf Clubhouse | Elbel Golf Clubhouse | Howard Park Event Center | Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center | Morris Performing Arts Center | O’Brien Recreation Center | Potawatomi Park | Potawatomi Conservatories | Palais Royale | Rum Village Park | Southeast Park
- Find the facility, pavilion or picnic area that best suits your needs. You can do this at the Howard Park Event Center or find what you’re looking for online here.
- That’s it! If you have any additional questions, contact Brenda Hall at 574-299-4765.
Wanting to rent an athletic field? Contact Ray Comer at 574-299-4775 or looking to host a bigger event? We can help with that too. Click here to learn more about renting a park.
Rent a park
So you’re hosting an event and need something bigger than a pavilion? How about an entire park? There are many options for you to choose from that would make the perfect location for your next event.
Ready to get started?
First, figure out what park you’d like to rent. See the full list here. Then:
- Complete the application online, or print it off and submit the application to email@example.com or by fax to 574-299-4783.
- If this is a new event, you’ll need to put on your finest pair of jeans and submit a presentation to the board for approval. The Park Board meets every third Monday of the month at the Howard Park Event Center. If this is a returning event, no presentation is necessary.
- Congrats! The formalities are done. Now, make sure everything is submitted for approval. Click here for a checklist.
Fine print: Unfortunately, exclusive access to City of South Bend parks is not guaranteed. The event cannot restrict the public access to park amenities, including: restrooms, playgrounds, water features, and bodies of water. Exclusive use of a parking lot is not guaranteed.