NEW! O’Brien Fitness Center & YMCA Partnership
The O’Brien/YMCA Partnership aims to continue the mission of both the YMCA and VPA by providing the community with an inclusive and welcoming environment encouraging wellness through learning, movement, healthy lifestyle and connection. In addition to fitness center access, members will have access to complimentary childcare watch, unlimited group fitness classes, exclusive Les Mills fitness programs, access to most YMCAs nationwide and discounts at VPA programs and amenities including golf, basketball leagues, camps, and more.
A new, all-inclusive membership rate structure will be released in the fall of 2020 which will include rates for young adults, individuals, seniors, couples and military. The new membership will also continue to accept Silver Sneakers, United Health Programs, City of South Bend, St. Joseph County and South Bend School Corporation. The new partnership is designed to be financially sustainable while remaining accessible to all members of our community through scholarship opportunities for memberships and programs. In line with the Y’s current financial assistance program, no child or family will be denied access to programs due to inability to pay.
- Fourteen Paramount strength training stations
- 34 Precor cardiovascular exercise machines including: stair climbers, cross trainers, elliptical machines, treadmills, exercise cycles, with Polar heart rate monitors so you can get the best workout possible. Treadmills and AMT’s have screens with capability of watching Netflix, personalized workouts and tracking your progress.
- Full line of free weights
- Child Watch (select hours and fees)
- Unlimited Group Fitness Classes including spin, yoga, Zumba and Reebock’s Les Mills Signature classes
- Rock Wall
- Access to most YMCAs nationwide
- Discounts at Erskine and Elbel Golf courses, YMCA and VPA camps and more
- Personal training
- Open Gym (select hours)
- Newly renovated lock rooms and facility upgrades coming late 2020
Save some time at your first visit by completing the liability form.
Center Upgrade completed
Currently separated into administrative offices and fitness/active areas, the O’Brien Center is disjointed in its use and functionality. Plans to reclaim office spaces and hallways as active use areas will convert the building into a center for recreational use with purposeful designs. These conversions will include creating one centralized entrance for the building, new easy-access locations for locker rooms, and converting underutilized spaces into public recreation rooms.